Conventional line of treatment for Nephrotic Syndrome includes symptomatic treatment as well as treatment of the underlying disease conditions causing Nephrotic Syndrome. Medications include:
- Medicines to reduce high blood pressure
- Diuretics to increase urine output and control swelling and edema.
- Medicines to reduce blood cholesterol levels.
- Medicines to prevent clot formation in blood called blood thinners/anti-coagulants.
- Corticosteroids to reduce the inflammation of kidneys by suppressing the immune system.
Each of the medications prescribed cater to only specific symptoms of the disease and help as long as their duration of action lasts. Additionally, they cause distressing side effects and have adverse consequences on the immune system.
Treatment for Nephrotic Syndrome should ideally be gentle on the body and take care of the overall condition of the patient rather than a short-lived relief from the symptoms. And Homeopathy can help in all these respects without the added burden of unnecessary side effects.