I am a 26 year old married woman and have Nephrotic syndrome. Is it possible that my child will get it too? Can I prevent it?
As you have nephrotic syndrome, and if the cause is inheritance of some genetic disorder for your condition, then there are chances of your child inheriting the disorder. However, do not worry Homeopathy can also be used as preventive medicine and can be used to boost the immune system of your child protecting him from the genetic cause of Nephrotic Syndrome.
What are the Homeopathic remedies which can be taken to treat Nephrotic syndrome?
There are a number of dynamized Homeopathic remedies which are used to treat nephrotic syndrome effectively. Few of them are Eel serum, Apis mellifica and Kali carbonicum. But these medicines should be taken only after consulting a good Homeopath as only the doctor will be able to best judge your case and decide your remedy according to your disease picture.
To get HOMEOPATHIC treatment from our expert doctors, click on Nephrotic Syndrome Homeopathic Treatment.
I have been taking conventional medicines for Nephrotic syndrome since 4 years. Do I need to discontinue these medicines if I start homeopathic Treatment?
Homeopathic medicines start acting on the body immediately on starting the treatment. But since you have been taking conventional medicines for a long time now, it is not advisable to stop them right away. On stopping the conventional medicines, it is possible that the disease returns with a higher intensity. Along with parallel homeopathic treatment, you can gradually taper off your doses of the medicine under the guidance of your expert HOMEOPATHIC physician. Eventually, you can discontinue your conventional medicines. To get HOMEOPATHIC treatment from our expert doctors, click on Nephrotic Syndrome Homeopathic Treatment.
What are the dietary precautions to be taken to prevent complications of Nephrotic syndrome?
A well planned diet is recommended for nephrotic syndrome to prevent complication such as-
- Avoid intake of excess of fluid intake, which includes juices, water, cold drinks and other food stuffs having fluid in it. Total fluid intake should not exceed a liter approximately and should be according to the edema and urine output over 24 hours.
- Cautious intake of protein rich diet like milk and milk products, eggs, legumes and pulses such that the daily intake should be approximately 0.8 grams per kilogram of body weight plus protein losses in urine per day.
- Sodium intake in the form of foods like salt, packed food stuffs like chips and other dry snacks, canned food like vegetables and meat and ready to make meals should be strictly restricted and not exceed 2grams per day in most cases of nephrotic syndrome. But in severe cases, the restriction is more strict.
- Avoid having fatty, oily, fried foods as well as refined foods like sugar, breads and other processed foods to maintain healthy levels of cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Have fresh fruits, vegetables and salads which are naturally fat free and are packed with essential nutrients.
To know more about dietary advices, click on Nephrotic Syndrome Diet and Nutrition.
I have nephrotic syndrome, and so I have been advised to restrict my fluid intake? Does it really matter what kind of fluid I drink?
Yes, if you are suffering from Nephrotic Syndrome you should restrict your fluid intake as too many fluids can cause fluid retention (also known as edema) in the body. Try to avoid intake of excess of fluids like juices, water, cold drinks, ice cubes etc. Total fluid intake should not exceed a liter approximately and should be according to the edema and urine output over 24 hours.
How will homeopathy help me with Nephrotic syndrome?
Homeopathy is absolutely sophisticated, standardized and scientific system of medicine which treats logically and removes the disease right from its roots. Homeopathy shows excellent results in Nephrotic Syndrome. It considers all the minute factors of the patient in treating the disease. Homeopathy basically strengthens the immune system of the patient and assists the body to heal the disease from within naturally.
Homeopathy improves the functions of kidneys and also treats the underlying root cause of the disease. It helps to relieve the symptoms of Nephrotic Syndrome along with preventing relapses.
At WelcomeCure, you will find the best of experts, who will give you the time, understand and analyze your case carefully, provide correct guidance and give the best Homeopathic Treatment.
Will I have to take steroids for my complaints of Nephrotic syndrome for the rest of my life? Will it not lead to any kind of side effects?
In conventional means of treatment, mostly steroids are used for quite a long period to treat Nephrotic syndrome. So most probably you will have to take it for a long time, unless and until you desire to switch over to safer and gentle means of Homeopathic treatment for your malady of Nephrotic syndrome. Yes steroids if taken for a long period of time can lead to many side effects like obesity, hormonal imbalances, anemia, hair fall and many others. Try Homeopathy at WelcomeCure- The safer and holistic way to heal from within!
How is Nephrotic Syndrome treated conventionally?
Conventional line of treatment includes symptomatic treatment as well as treatment of the underlying disease conditions causing Nephrotic Syndrome. Medications include:
- Medicines to reduce blood pressure
- Diuretics: They increase the urine output and control swelling and oedema.
- Medicines to reduce blood cholesterol levels.
- Medicines to prevent clot formation in blood
- Corticosteroids: To reduce the inflammation of kidneys, steroids are prescribed to suppress the immune system.
Read more about these treatments by clicking on Nephrotic Syndrome Treatment.
Long term outcome of conventional treatment for Nephrotic Syndrome is not very good due to the disagreeable side effects of these medicines. Looking for a safer, long term option? On Welcomecure you will get Care, Results, Answers and Treatment on which you can always trust. Medicine is a matter of TREATMENT and RESULT. REGISTER with us to get Amazing Results for Nephrotic Syndrome!
Are there any tests to diagnose Nephrotic syndrome?
Nephrotic syndrome can be diagnosed by an efficient doctor based on certain characteristic signs and symptoms seen on clinical examination and urine examination showing massive proteinuria more than 3.5 grams per day and hematuria. Also significant importance is given to blood examination showing hypoproteinemia less than 2.5 mg/dl and hypoalbuminemia.
However, some of the other investigations required to confirm the diagnosis of nephrotic syndrome are:
- Renal function tests are altered depending upon severity of the illness, which includes mostly Blood urea nitrogen, Creatinine and Protein excreted in the urine over 24 hours.
- Blood triglyceride and cholesterol levels are raised.
- Renal biopsy confirms the diagnosis of nephrotic syndrome.
- Ultrasonography of abdomen shows enlarged kidneys.
Read more about these investigations by clicking on Nephrotic Syndrome Tests & Diagnosis.
What can Nephrotic syndrome lead to?
Ignoring the condition of nephrotic syndrome can lead to the following complications:
- Thromboembolism- Tendency to form blood clots easily, especially in the renal veins.
- Increased susceptibility to infections due to loss of immunoglobulins, which are nothing but types of proteins which are useful to combat infections. These proteins are lost in urine in increased numbers, leading to high chances of acquiring infections.
- Kidney Failure: As kidneys lose their function to filter blood, it may lead to either Acute or Chronic Kidney Failure.
- High Blood Cholesterol Levels and Triglycerides: Due to loss of albumin from the kidneys, liver starts making more albumins for compensation. However, in this process function of liver to produce cholesterol and triglycerides is also exaggerated causing their increased numbers.
- High Blood Pressure: Due to excess built up of waste products, blood pressure is elevated.
- Generalized anasarca: Excessive edema can also include the whole of the body called as anasarca, edema can involve coverings of the lungs called as the pleural cavity causing pleural edema and covering of the abdomen called the peritoneum causing ascites.
- Poor Nutrition
To know more about complications of Nephrotic syndrome, click on Nephrotic Syndrome Complications.Don't wait for complications to set in! Start Homeopathic Treatment Now!
Who are more likely to get Nephrotic syndrome?
Nephrotic syndrome can happen to anyone.
However, certain groups have been seen to be more prone to develop the condition. They include people with:
- Medical conditions associated with an increased risk of Nephrotic syndrome include Diabetic nephropathy, Systemic lupus erythematosus, Sarcoidosis, Secondary Syphilis, Hepatitis B, Sjogren's syndrome and Amyloidosis
- Some conventional medications which raise the risk of Nephrotic syndrome include medications like penicillin and drugs containing gold salts.