Treatment for High Blood Pressure includes lifestyle changes and use of medications which help control the symptoms and prevent damage to vital organs like brain, heart, kidneys, and eyes.
Conventional medications used to lower blood pressure in treatment for high blood pressure include:
- Diuretics: Commonly known as 'water pills', they act on the kidneys to eliminate salt and water from the body, reducing blood volume. Low blood volume lowers the blood pressure.
- Beta-blockers: They are the most frequently prescribed medicines in conventional treatment for high blood pressure and work by reducing workload on the heart, causing your heart to beat slower and with less force.
- ACE (Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme) inhibitors: These medicines dilate the blood vessels to improve the amount of blood the heart pumps and to lower blood pressure.
- Calcium channel blockers: They help relax the muscular layer of the blood vessel wall and help to reduce blood pressure.
- Angiotensin II blockers: These medicines deter the effect of angiotensin II, a chemical that narrows blood vessels, and help blood to flow more easily.
However, conventional treatment for high blood pressure have their fair share of side effects ranging from weakness, dizziness and fainting to altered blood sugar, erection problems (impotency) and joint pains.
Homeopathy is a much safer and more effective alternative to treat high blood pressure and its causes without the added distress of side effects.