Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- It is the infection of the uterus, fallopian tubes or ovaries. Symptoms include pain during intercourse, lower abdominal pain with vaginal discharge, irregular vaginal bleeding and burning during urination.
- PID may lead to localized scar formation and adhesions leading to infertility.
- It is the localized collection of fluid within the ovary.
- Cysts can be of various sizes and types, depending on which symptoms can vary, like dull ache in pelvic region, irregular menses, bleeding between menses, bloating in abdomen, etc.
Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- PMS is a set of emotional symptoms present before the onset of periods in a woman. Irritability, moodswings and a general sense of unhappiness are the leading features.
- Symptoms begin about 10-14 days before expected date of period and disappear as menses begin. Physical symptoms like bloated feeling, swelling and nausea may be present too.