- Infertility is the commonest complication seen due to adhesions developed in the pelvic cavity and is observed in nearly one-half of women with Endometriosis.
- Endometriosis is often linked with increased risks of ovarian carcinoma, adenomyosis, pelvic cysts, pelvic adhesions, etc.
- Bowel and urine obstruction may occur due to adhesions.
- Endometriosis can cause acute abdomen as a result of sudden intestinal obstruction.
- A condition called catamenic pneumothorax can happen during periods if there is endometriosis in lungs, and even precipitate dangerous collapse of lung.
Prompt treatment is recommended in Endometriosis to halt advancement of disease as well as to prevent avoidable complications.