Viral Conjunctivitis may be contagious during first few days of infection. Following basic personal hygiene will help to control the spread of infection of eyes:
- Avoid touching eyes without washing hands
- Use a clean towel to wipe eyes and avoid sharing infected towels and clothing
- Wearing dark glasses to avoid direct contact with an infected person.
- If a child suffers from bacterial conjunctivitis, keep him away from other children
- Stop wearing contact lenses
- In newborns of mothers with STD, start with the necessary homeopathic medication in both eyes after delivery