- Always lie down on affected side so that discharge from affected eye may not come in contact with good eye.
- Personal belongings like towels, handkerchiefs, clothes, etc. should be washed separately and must not be used by other people.
Cold and warm compresses should be used:
-Warm compress if the cause is infective
-Cold if it is allergic or irritative
- Stay away from smoky rooms, dusty atmospheres or anything that irritate eyes.
- Do not touch or rub the eyes.
- Never cover the affected eye/s with eye pads, since warmth will worsen the symptoms. Dark glasses should be used instead.