Because common cold is an infectious disease, measures should be directed at reducing the chances of spreading infection.
- Children and adults should wash hands after nose-wiping, diapering, before and after using the bathroom, and before eating and preparing food.
- Avoid consuming cold food and drinks.
- A disinfectant should be used to clean surfaces such as sink handles, door knobs, and sleeping mats.
- Hand sanitizers should be used to stop the spread of germs.
- Drink plenty of fluids to increase the immune system.
- Eat yogurt. It has health-friendly microbes that help to prevent colds.