- Learning Disability involves a series of difficulties in learning, including difficulty in reading and spelling (dyslexia), difficulty in writing (dysgraphia) and difficulty in solving mathematical questions (dyscalculia).
- It has been found that around one third of children with ADHD also have learning Disability.
Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Oppositional defiant disorder (ODD) is commonly associated with ADHD.
- It shows negative and disruptive behavior, particularly towards people of authority like parents and teachers.
These children have a tendency towards highly antisocial behavior, such as:
- Stealing toys , money though they have
- Fighting with siblings and classmates all the time
- Destruction of anything they get in hand
- Harming people
- Harming animals like throwing stones at dogs and crushing insects
- Such people are nervous and worry all the time.
- They portray an inability to relax, being hyperactive and hyper-vigilant all the time.
- They have difficulty in paying attention and have a low stress-bearing threshold and frequently complain of increased heartbeat, sweating and dizziness.
- Tourette's Syndrome is a condition of the inherited nervous system disease that presents with involuntary movements and sounds called TICS.
- Tics are sudden, repetitive, irregular movements and sounds through nose, mouth or throat that involve different muscle groups.