- Use cold or hot fomentation to keep the facial muscles relaxed.
- Try to sleep on the non affected side so that the muscles do not strain after waking up.
- Cover your face in cold weather and keep instant warm packs to soothe the pain.
- Make a record of things that increase and decrease the out breaks of the trigeminal neuralgia so that it can be avoided.
- Keep your prescribed medicines with you at all times
- Eat soft food, as excessive chewing may aggravate the pain.
- Avoid meddling with facial area
- Avoid drafts of cold air or stimulation by kissing or hugging.