The goals of treating Acute and Chronic Sinusitis is to:
- Reduce sinus inflammation
- Keep nasal passages draining
- Eliminate the underlying cause
- Reduce the number of sinusitis flare-ups
In conventional approaches, the following treatment for Sinusitis is recommended to reduce the severity of disease such as -
- Saline nasal irrigation to spray into the nose to rinse nasal passages
- Using oral and injected nasal corticosteroids to treat inflammation for severe Sinusitis
- Using antibiotics if there is severe bacterial infection
- In case of allergies contributing to Sinusitis taking allergy shots (immunotherapy) will help to reduce the body's reaction to specific allergens.
- In cases that continue to resist treatment, endoscopic sinus surgery may be helpful in treatment for Sinusitis.
These treatments, though, do not guarantee long-lasting relief, simply because they are not proficient in handling the problem of recurrence.