There are several ways that may help to reduce the chances of getting Sinusitis:
- Avoid contact with people who have cold and other viral upper respiratory infections.
- Avoid smoking (Both in home and workplace). Smoking causes irritation of the membranes in your nose and sinuses, and increase the possibility of an attack of Sinusitis.
- If you have allergies, avoid the things that trigger allergy attacks.
- Improve household ventilation by keeping windows open whenever possible.
- Try to sleep with head of the bed elevated as this will promote sinus drainage.
- Breathing in dry air (air having less amount of humidity) increases the chance of suffering a sinus attack. Consider using a humidifier at home and at work to increase the moisture content of the air to appropriate levels.