It is seen that low-salt diet helps to alleviate the patient's sufferings by reducing the fluid in the inner ear.
Food you can have:
- Skimmed/low-fat milk/yoghurt
- Lean meat; poultry; fish, etc
- Fresh vegetables, fruits and salads
- Processed cheese
- Canned, salted or smoked meats and fish, beef, etc.
- Canned vegetables, canned soups, pickles etc.
- Salted crackers, wafers, chips.
- Baked food with salt and anything with baking soda in it.
- Ketchups, sauces, soy sauce, MSG-Monosodium Glutamate (ajinomoto) used in Chinese cooking, etc.