- Complete bed rest and immobilization is essential to help in healing and avoiding complications.
- Analgesic/Anti-inflammatory – These are prescribed to help reduce the inflammation and relieve pain.
- Heat Packs - hot pack application to the lower back benefits in reducing the inflammation, helping the muscles to relax, promote blood flow to the area and provide pain relief.
- Posture – Good posture enables the muscles of the back to act as a supporting structure and decreases the strain on the joints of the spine.
- Physiotherapy - This is the most essential part in treatment of Lumbar Spondylosis. Lumbar exercises help in strengthening the ligaments and joints to help in better mobility.
Lumbar supports may provide some benefit but should only be used under the guidance of your therapist.