Most of the patients have following symptoms of lumbar Spondylosis:
- 37 % of patients suffering from Lumbar Spondylosis do not have any symptoms initially.
- Pain in the back - mild to severe.
- Stiffness especially in morning lasting for more than 30 minutes.
- Pain radiating to lower limbs which progresses gradually and worsens later on.
- Difficulty in performing daily activities like lifting, bending
- Tenderness to pressure on lower back.
- Abnormality in posture and gait
- Sciatica – Severe pain at the back of the leg proceeding downward till foot.
- Foot drop – dropping of due to nerve irritation and weakness.
Neurological manifestations include –
- Tingling and numbness in toes
- Abnormal sensations in lower limbs
- Loss of sensations in lower limbs
- Difficulty in balancing and poor coordination
- Weakness of leg muscles, poor or weak muscle tone in legs
- Poor bladder or bowel control