There is no particular diet that needs to be followed in cases of Fibromyalgia.
However, it serves well to make sure that immunity is maintained and even made better, by following a healthy balanced diet. Following dietary measures should be taken.
- Value your Veggies: A vegetarian diet provides good amount anti-oxidants to the body.
- Go Green: Green leafy vegetables spinach, lettuce, fenugreek, celery etc. are rich sources of folic acid, iron, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, etc. and many more minerals that keep us healthy.
- Favor Fruits: Just like vegetables, all kinds of fruits are good sources of vitamins and minerals.
- Go easy on meat: While there could be health benefits found in meat, it is better to minimize the intake and prefer lean meats like skinless poultry, fish, etc.
- Refrain from refined carbs: Refined carbohydrates like refined flour (Maida), white bread, most bakery products and sweets are considered most unhealthy and they tend to drain away your energy.
- Stop the Sugar & also Artificial Sweeteners: Sugar is considered to be a sweet poison and is definitely one of the most hazardous foods.
- Cut the Caffeine: Caffeine tends to become an addiction in patients with Fibromyalgia, as it apparently refreshes and energizes the body instantly. However, long term use of caffeine can damage your body systems.