Some conditions which are more or less similar to Diaper Dermatitis -
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis: A type of skin disease, causing oily, thick yellow scales, mostly affecting scalp in babies (cradle cap).
- Atopic Dermatitis: A type of eczema, which may be inherited. Rashes are marked along with intense itching.
- Scabies: It is marked by intense itching and is widespread disease. It is highly contagious disease and can spread via skin to skin contact.
- Candidal infection: It is caused by fungus and can be differentiated from Diaper Dermatitis by using Potassium Hydroxide preparation.
- Syphilis: A sexually transmitted disease which may cause lesions at genitalia.