Prevention is better than cure. This statement is very much true for Diaper Dermatitis. Simple measures can prevent developing Diaper Dermatitis-
- Change diapers frequently even if, they are not wet.
- Avoid traditional cloth napkins. Wash and rinse them properly.
- Wash baby's genitalia with warm water and mild unscented soaps.
- Keep babies skin dry & clean.
- Give sufficient air time daily to baby's skin without a diaper.
- Use proper fitted napkins according to baby's age and size.
- Do not let baby stay in wet or soiled nappies. Change them when they are wet or soiled.
- Avoid using wipes containing alcohol.
- Avoid plastic sheets.