- There is no specific diet which has shown to make Crohn's Disease better or worse.
- Include healthy diet which will provide daily requirement of calories.
- Eat small amount of food throughout the day at regular intervals.
Some of the foods which make bloating and diarrhea worse are:
- Deep-fried, high fat content food such as – Butter, Cheese, Margarine, Meat, Sauces
- High fiber food such as – Seeds, Beans, Oats, Nuts
- Dairy products and Spicy food items.
- Take plenty of fluids at regular intervals as chronic diarrhea can make you lose body fluids. Proper hydration will prevent kidney diseases and stones.
You may need extra vitamins and minerals supplements, such as:
- Iron and Vitamin B12 in dealing with Anemia.
- Calcium and Vitamin D to help keep bones healthy and strong.