CONVENTIONAL TREATMENT FOR ATHLETE'S FOOT
- Apart from the preventive measures that need to be followed in treatment for Athlete's Foot, certain medications are prescribed in the conventional system of medicine.
- Local applications like anti-fungal powders, ointments, gels and sprays are advised.
- In severe infections, oral anti-fungal medications are also prescribed.
- However, not all treatments suit all kinds of people, as conventional medicines have their share of side effects. Moreover, added caution needs to be observed in pregnant women and children.
SUPPORTIVE TREATMENT FOR ATHLETE'S FOOT
- Keeping feet soaked in warm water for 5-10 minutes helps in Athlete's Foot.
- Rubbing the feet with baking soda also helps to relieve the symptoms.
- Sprinkling boric acid powder on socks absorbs the moisture of the feet and keep them dry.
- Direct rubbing of a mixture of alcohol, hydrogen peroxide and vinegar may aid in killing the fungus.