Treatment of Varicose Veins
Depending upon the intensity and severity of the disease the treatment approach of the conventional medicine is as follows:
Conservative Treatment for Varicose Veins:
- Keeping the legs elevated helps to relieve the symptoms temporarily.
- Regular physical exercises improve the muscle tone of the calf muscles.
- Wearing compression stockings helps to reduce the swelling and improve the circulation of blood in the extremities.
Non-Surgical Treatment for Varicose Veins:
- The purpose of non-surgical treatments is to shrink or shut the varicose veins either with the help of a chemical or laser and heat. Blood then flows through other healthier veins.
Surgical Treatment for Varicose Veins:
- Surgeries are generally used in very serious cases. The affected varicose vein is tied and removed off completely by giving small incisions on the skin of the leg.
- These surgical and non-surgical treatments however have potential side effects varying from low to high risks.
- Furthermore, these treatments of Varicose Veins may not necessarily be a long-lasting solution and chances of recurrences are always possible.