What is SPEECH DISORDER?
SPEECH DISORDER is a group of conditions where there is problem in speech formation and creation which leads to difficulty in communication with others. The creation of sound by a person is affected in speech disorder.
Stuttering (Stammering) is quite a common Speech Disorder. Other common speech disorders are
- apraxia (where there is speech problems due to damage in brain)
- dysarthria (speech disorder due to weakness in muscles involved in speech)
- sound speech disorders (articulation problems),
- speech disorder due to mutism
- voice disorders.
Hearing loss is a very common cause of speech disorders. Hence it is important to check hearing.
Speech Disorders can affect how we communicate and may make a person feel embarrassed and may de motivate him in public, leading to poor confidence and depression. Read more about causes of Speech disorders.
It affects the quality of life, career, work performance and restricts the ability of affected person to various degrees.
If you or your loved one is also in the same situation, click to read more about SPEECH DISORDERS.
WHAT HAPPENS IN SPEECH DISORDERS?
- It can hamper your ability to speak clearly.
- It includes omission, substitution, distortion types of error in speech.
- Omission includes leaving out of certain words like "I ing a son" (I sing a song).
- Substitution means use of incorrect words in place of correct one like " I sa tar in dhe sky" (I saw star in the sky)
- Distortion includes production of wrong sound.
- Speech disorder consists of impairment like articulation, fluency problems, voice disorder, language problems, cluttering etc.
- Stammering or stuttering is very common in speech disorder which includes repetition of words or letters.
- Also there could be total aphasia (total loss of speech)
WHAT CAN SPEECH DISORDERS LEAD TO?
Speech Disorders can lead to-
- Negative psychological impacts on mind like guilt, shame, fear, anger, frustration. Depression and consistent fear of being humiliated are common in speech disorders including stuttering.
- Poor self esteem- Constant fear of being known as stutterer at public speaking, shame, anxiety, fear of loss of control during speech may cause poor self esteem leading to isolation, depression, self hatred, negative thinking etc.
- Teasing at school- Affected child may become bundle of joke in school, workplace, social functions and public gatherings which could result in timid and anxious personality in long run.
- Fear of public speaking- Affected child may get so self conscious that he may totally stop interacting with strangers.
HOW WELL HOMEOPATHY WORKS IN SPEECH DISORDERS
- Homeopathy is very efficient in managing symptoms of SPEECH DISORDERS and has an excellent success rate.
- SPEECH DISORDERS have no permanent solution in conventional way of treatment while Homeopathy treats speech disorders it most natural way using constitutional method.
- Homeopathy will consider your child as a person and will not merely treat the Speech Disorder but will treat your kid.
- Entire history including birth history and other associated symptoms of your child is taken into account and then constitutional approach is sought. So seek holistic and safest treatment for speech disorders at earliest.
- Homeopathic medicines are harmless and easy to administer and your child will take them happily.
- Homeopathy is natural, safe and without any side-effects.
- Stuttering often leads to anxiety, panic, fear of public speaking, timid personality, poor self esteem and depression which are well treated by Homeopathy leading to overall well being.
- Also physical causes of stuttering are well cared by Homeopathy.
- Moreover, it also helps in preventing relapse of the condition.
- Homeopathic treatment for SPEECH DISORDERS has more than 80 natural, side-effect free remedies in its treasury for the treatment of this condition.
Few of our amazing remedies include:
- NUX VOMICA: Suited for Speech Disorder in adults as a result of overwork, abuse and overindulgence.
- STRAMONIUM: Most frequently used medicine in Stammering. Difficulty in initiating speech along with bed wetting in violent nature kids and adults. Stammering after episode of acute fear. Words come out with great effort.
- SELENIUM: Great remedy for Stammering after acute and intense fear. Extreme fear of death. Bad effects of cold air. Fear of crowd.
- ARGENTUM METALLICUM: Useful remedy for stammering in nervous person who gets extremely anxious during public speaking. Great craving for sweets.