What is Psoriasis?
Did you know that around 125 million people worldwide are believed to suffer from Psoriasis?
And most of them are not able to find long-lasting relief from it? So much so that many patients actually go into Depression because of the accompanying embarrassment caused by the disease?
Psoriasis is a chronic (long-term) & tenacious skin disorder characterized by too quick growth, maturation and death of skin cells. This results in development of thick, white, silvery, or red patches of skin.
It is believed to be an autoimmune disorder, wherein the body's defense system attacks healthy cells of the body. Click to read on Causes of Psoriasis.
- These patches vary in size from miniscule ones to very large ones.
- They most often appear on the knees, elbows, scalp, hands, feet, or lower back.
- Psoriasis is most common in adults, but children and teens can also be affected.
- Psoriasis can cause embarrassment in many people, especially teens, who tend to avoid social situations such as swimming where the patches can be seen by others.
What Happens In Psoriasis?
- Raised, bright red patches of skin that are mostly covered with loose, silvery scales.
- Small areas of bleeding where the skin scales are scraped off or picked while scratching.
- Mild scales to thick, crusted plaques on the skin with itching and sudden flare-ups.
- Typical patches develop after injuries like cut, burn, or too much exposure to the sun.
- Patches may develop on joints along with joint swelling, tenderness and pain.
Click to know more about Symptoms of Psoriasis
What Can Psoriasis Lead To?
Untreated psoriasis can lead to:
- Thickened skin with added-on bacterial infection
- Fluid and electrolyte imbalance in severe psoriasis
- Joints swelling, tenderness, and pain in psoriatic affections of joints
- Psoriasis can cause low self-esteem, depression, stress, anxiety, social isolation, etc.
- Psoriasis increases risk for hypertension, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, certain cancers, etc.
How Well Homeopathy Works In Psoriasis?
- Homeopathy offers the most definitive treatment for this stubborn disease condition.
- Homeopathy targets the 'autoimmune' component (root cause) of psoriasis, NOT JUST its superficial symptoms
- It brings back on track the immune system that has gone astray, thereby eliminating the root cause of psoriasis
- Homeopathic treatment for psoriasis significantly reduces the intensity and duration of flare-ups
- It provides the most wholesome, complete and long-lasting solace from this obstinate ailment
Few of our amazing remedies for Psoriasis include:
- Mezereum for psoriasis with oozy, acrid moist eruptions, thick leather-like crust with pus beneath.
- Mercurius solubilis for psoriasis eruptions that are moist, excoriated with burning worse at night.
- Thyroidinum for psoriasis on dry and impoverished skin, where the skin of hands and feet is cold.
- Sulphur for psoriasis with extreme burning and itching worse after bathing, at night, warmth of bed.