What is PCOS?
PCOS is the most common hormonal disorder prevailing in females in the reproductive age group and has become the most cumbersome gynecological troubles seen today.
It disturbs the menstrual cycle tremendously and women are never certain about 'that time of the month'. That is why PCOS is the most common cause of infertility.
Few years back, a lady was sure of the date of the cycle and she would plan all her activities accordingly. That is not the case anymore!
6 out of 10 girls do not have a fixed cycle and day-by-day, it is getting worse.
Homeopaths have treated thousands of such cases and brought stability in the menstrual cycle of many women in the shortest possible time. Homeopathy treats the disease with motherly care (most natural way) and restores the cycle more or less permanently.
PCOS is characterized by numerous, small sac-like cavities known as cysts in the ovaries and hence the name Polycystic Ovarian Disease or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). Click to read on Causes Of PCOS
What Happens In PCOS?
- Menstrual disturbances like absence of periods, scanty periods, and irregular periods.
- Difficulty in conceiving.
- Unexplained weight gain.
- Abnormal and excessive hair growth on face, chest, abdomen, back, etc.
- Acne, oily face, dandruff.
- Pain in the lowermost part of abdomen.
- Anxiety or depression.
Click to know more about Symptoms Of PCOS
What Can PCOS Lead To?PCOS can complicate and can be associated with the following conditions, considering obesity to be an important factor:
- High Blood Pressure
- Elevated levels of triglycerides, and bad cholesterol
- Metabolic Syndrome: It is the cluster of signs and symptoms that indicate significantly increased risk of heart diseases.
- Type 2 Diabetes: This occurs due to resistance of body to respond to insulin.
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Endometrial Cancer: Cancer of the inner lining of the uterus can be caused by continued exposure to high levels of oestrogen.
How Well Homeopathy Works In PCOS
- Homeopathy offers excellent scope in the Treatment of PCOS.
- It offers a more holistic approach to the treatment for PCOS and considers the patient as a whole, thereby taking care of every single sign and symptom.
- Homeopathic Treatment for PCOS makes sure the disease is eradicated right from its root and complete well being is achieved.
- Homeopathy is a much safer and better mode of treatment, especially in patients who cannot tolerate the ill-effects of hormonal treatment. It does not cause any unwanted side effects and takes care of the problem in a harmonious way.
Few of our amazing remedies include:
- Calcarea Carbonica: Of great use in females having profuse menses that come earlier than date. Patient is full of fears, anxieties, obesity and is usually constipated.
- Lycopodium: In patients who have delayed menses that last too long, accompanied by right sided abdominal pain. Patient is nervous, timid and lacks confidence.
- Pulsatilla: In patients with absence of menses, or scanty menses, with dark clots. Patient is emotional, attention seeking and fears men. No menses for many many months