Nocturnal Enuresis is a common problem affecting a child's behavior and self- confidence. There are few preventive measures which a child needs to follow to overcome the problem of bedwetting.
- Reduce fluid intake- Child should avoid drinking water or any other fluids two hours before going to bed.
- Make sure child passes urine before he goes to bed
- Reward your child for remaining dry. - Explain your child that if he doesn’t urinate in the night he would be rewarded with any gifts of his/her choice. Do not punish or blame your child for bedwetting
- There are some cases if the child is above 10 – 12 if you make it compulsory to wash he bed sheets which he soils creates a clarity and many children stop wetting beds
- Monitor your child's bladder movement- If your child is suffering from constipation or encopresis please get it treated as it can aggravate the bedwetting.