Food that one CAN TAKE during Shingles
One can take the following food (if possible, organically grown food is preferable):
- Lightly cooked, fresh, green and yellow vegetables. This would be easier to digest.
- All fresh fruits except citrus fruits.
- Legumes like black-eyed peas, chickpeas, lentils, kidney beans, etc.
- Raw, chopped garlic
- Consume whole grains, especially millets, but in moderate quantities
Food that one SHOULD AVOID during Shingles
- Sugar and chocolates
- Drinks like coffee, alcohol, soft drinks
- Fried foods
- Peanuts and peanut butter
- White rice and white flour
- Processed meats