- If you have any break in the skin, clean it and apply antiseptic ointment on it.
- Keep affected area immobile and elevate the affected part above the heart's level for better drainage. This is important to reduce swelling.
- Cool wet dressings may alleviate pain.
- If you are high risk of developing Cellulitis, take care to routinely moisturize your skin, treat other skin conditions and protect your skin from any injury.
- Take adequate rest for better recovery.
- If you have Cellulitis on face or eyes, however minute it may seem seek immediate treatment.
- Drink sufficient water to prevent dehydration.
- Do not roam barefoot in areas where there could be injury to your feet. Wear proper foot wear or protective clothing when playing or during outdoor activities
- Do not scratch your skin and keep your nails short
- Do not Self-medicate
- Do not ignore small cracks, cuts, insect bites etc.