Degenerative disc disease
- The inter-vertebral disc degenerates and space between the discs reduces. It is the most common and serious age-related change.
- It is abnormal curvature of the spine in sagittal plane and affects cervical, lumbar and thoracic spine too.
- Leads to cardio pulmonary deficit and neurologic deficits.
- It is the most common type of joint disease affecting spaces between joints called cartilage between synovial joints.
- Symptoms come on mainly in mornings and mostly affect knees and hips.
- It refers to the forward slippage of one vertebral body with respect to the one beneath it.
- This occurs most commonly in between junction of lumbar and sacral region. Patient may or may not complain of severe back pain.
- It is an autoimmune joint disease which develops after a bacterial infection.
- It has been associated with eye, gastrointestinal and genitourinary infections. It is also a seronegative arthritis.
- Psoriatic arthritis is also a seronegative arthritis present in patients who are already suffering with psoriasis.
- Finger joints are mainly involved with development of deformities.