- Sneezing in bouts
- Copious, watery nasal discharge
- Itching in nose
- Itching, redness and watering from eyes
The onset of symptoms of
may be gradual or sudden depending upon the degree of exposure to a particular allergen.
The most characteristic symptoms of Allergic Rhinitis are
- Paroxysmal sneezing
- Nasal discharge which is clear and copious with itching
- Post nasal drip (when nasal mucus is produced in excess and tends to “drop back” into the throat)
- Nasal congestion and obstruction
- Decreased sense of smell
- Itching and redness of eyes with watering
- Discomfort in ears
- Constitutional symptoms include fatigue, loss of weight and decreased appetite.