Adopting simple preventive measures in your daily life can help in avoiding various conditions including Epistaxis.
- Keep your home warm and humidified during cold and winter seasons.
- Always use a nasal spray or saline gel at bed time during dry climate as this will keep the nasal mucosa moist.
- Avoid habits like picking and boring at the nose constantly and forceful blowing of nose especially in children.
- Stop smoking and heavy drinking and switch to healthy practices.
- Adopt a healthy regimen and eat a balanced diet rich in iron, vitamins and minerals.
- Be vigilant about your health and body and do not hesitate to take a medical opinion.