- Make a habit to include foods rich in fibre .
- Drink adequate fluids and avoid dehydration.
- Exercise regularly for minimum of 30 minutes daily or moderate physical activity. Exercise promotes regular bowel movements and increases blood flow to the organs that helps in healing of the fissure.
- Avoid straining during bowel movements. It creates pressure that can lead to a tear or worsening the fissure.
- Never ignore the urge to pass the stools. It increases the chances of constipation
- Decrease intake of caffeine, alcohol.