There is no absolute cure of Tinnitus in the conventional medicine. However, the symptoms can be controlled by the following treatment measures.
Steps to reduce the symptoms of tinnitus include:
- White Noise Machines: These are devices that produce pleasant sounds like ocean waves, falling rain etc. can help the patient get better sleep as the internal sounds get blocked.
- Hearing aids: A hearing aid in the ear affected by Tinnitus may improve your hearing. There are many hearing aid options available and the audiologist suggests the right one during treatment for tinnitus.
- Masking devices: Used like hearing aids, they produce continuous low-level white noise that blocks tinnitus.
If the causative factors are found, treatment for tinnitus is done accordingly
- Ear Wax Removal
- Treating any underlying heart disease or a blood vessel disorder
- Changing the medications if tinnitus is caused due to the medicines.
- Generally anti-anxiety drugs or anti depressants are used in treatment for tinnitus. However, their side effects include dry mouth, nausea, and drowsiness etc. and therefore not advisable for a long term treatment.
Management of stress, anxiety and depression:
- This is done by counseling, psychotherapy, behavioral and other counseling techniques.