Foods to INCLUDE:
- Green, leafy vegetables: They have the most nutrients per calorie than any other food. They are rich in iron, calcium, potassium, and magnesium, as well as vitamins K, C, E, and many of the B complex vitamins. Vitamin B in particular plays a vital role in managing Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding symptoms.
- Fruits: They are rich sources of fiber, vitamins and minerals and are very helpful for managing Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding.
- Colored Vegetables : Brightly colored vegetables like bell peppers, pumpkin, carrots, artichokes and purple cabbage are rich sources of anti-oxidants and must be included in your diet.
- Healthy Fats: Healthy fats are found in nuts and seeds, oily fish, avocado and olive oil so be sure to incorporate those into your diet.
Foods to AVOID:
- Foods with high starch and carbohydrates should be strictly avoided. For e.g. White rice, mashed potatoes, rice cakes, muffins and cakes, bread.
- Soy Products : Soy has been shown to delay ovulation, and so should not be had by females who want to conceive.
- Bad Fats : Bad fats found in red meat, cooking oil, margarine and processed foods increase the chances of obesity and in turn, Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding.