- Eat regular small meals—up to 6 per day
- Make physical activity part of your daily routine
- Schedule a yearly physical and regular eye examination
- Maintain foot hygiene
- If you smoke, quit it
- If you drink alcohol, do so only in moderation
- Learn relaxation techniques: Stress hormones may prevent insulin from working effectively.
- Don't skip breakfast: Eating breakfast every day will help you have energy as well as steady blood sugar levels.
- Don't sit long hours before television, laptop or desktop.
- Don't eat foods rich in sugar, such as ice cream, chocolates, soda or coke.
- Don't exercise after meals.